cannot have dts sound plz help!

Thanks to audiogon and many advices, I finally bought a decent sound system: Denon AVR4800 SONYDVD7700 Paradigm reference 60v2 center Studio cc Surround ADP Servo 15 While doing the set up, I have been trying to obtain the DTS sound on my dvd (gladiator especially). After many hours, I am completely out of clues to understand why I cannot play this dvd in dts ??? Few things I notice that might troubleshoot a little: 1) when the CD is the DVDplayer (option set to digital=on, audio select=dolby digital and DTS=on), the light on the DVD player is not on ? is it normal. I am using a coaxial cable directly linked to the receiver ? 2) Since the player do not recognize the DTS code, the receiver do not recognize it neither. I am wondering if I am missing something in my setup. I check and double check everything (both receiver and DVDplayer set on DTS) but i can only have the dolby digital sound. I will appreciate if anyone can help removing this frustration. I almost believe that the source might be due to the dvd player since no light are showing DTS when DTS movie is in it. Thanks in advance!
ylestratcfeb
You may already have tried this, but go into the actual setup menu for Gladiator and choose the DTS audio option. I have run into this sitution with many DTS/DD 5.1 and DD 5.1/Dolby Surround DVDs. The audio defauts set by the manufacturers of DVDs aren't always set to the highest audio option. You can also hit your audio button on the DVD remote to switch through all of the audio tracks on the DVD while it is playing.
Is it possible that since you are sending the signal to your receiver via digital coax that the player is assuming that the receiver should be the one to decode it. My Yamaha 3090 is similar and it is the one that recognizes the DD signal when I use coax. I don't know that much about DTS but the thought did cross my mind so I figured Id blurt it out. Good luck
Thanks for the feedback I finally made it works. It was because I didnt change the audio format in the DVD disc itself. I assume that the DVD player was going to recognize DTS by itself...well it finally works and rocks!!!!! Thanks yall
I believe the 7700 defaults to standard in case you do not have it hooked up to a pre-amp with processor for d.t.s. If you output dts to a non dts pre-amp from what the manual says all kinds of nasty sounds and damage can occur.