S-Video Cable - is there much difference

I have been looking for excellent s-video cables. It appears to me, that little emphasis is placed on them. How much does the quality matter??? What price range should give me an excellent, not outrageous cable?? Where does law diminishing returns hit s-vid. cable. Appreciate Specific recommendations and comparisons. Thanks. I'm stumped and will have to order "blindly", so help is appreciated. PS (tired of Monster breaking...)
128x128shaqspack
Forget S video. Regardless of all of the hoopla surrounding it, it is nothing special. It is simply two small pieces of shielded cable within one jacket. If you've got it, try using the individual component level outputs. These have three individual cables, one for each individual color gun. Each signal remains independent of the other and should offer less smearing or blending of colors. The use of a good coaxial cable with decent RCA's is all you need. Sean >
There is a difference between very cheap cables and some of the better one. But really once you get past 30.00 the cables really are not that different. I have tried a few. I did seem difference between the cheap radio shack stuff and the Lat International which cost me 30.00. Try Lat money back qurantee and I think if you spend anymore on an s-video cable you are likely wasting your money. Component is certainly better but not that much.
I recently switched my system around and had to go from a 1 metre S-Video cable to a 7 metre run, which is supposed to be very bad. I was using Monster M1000V, which, at the time was the top of the line Monster, and ended up going to the base Tributaries model. I figured I'd be in for a big letdown, but actually felt the budget tributaries (at 7 metres no less) to be better than the Monster, which for the same length would have been about 4 or 5 times the price. In comparision, the Tributaries had richer, better saturated color and much better definition-the Monster seemed to be "dark" and somewhat poorly defined in comparison. From the little research I did, it seemed to me that Tributaries, although relatively unknown, has an outstanding reputation for their video cables. I also purchased a $30 set of their basic component video cables as a gift for a friend with a Toshiba HD set and was really impressed with the quality of those. I think you can buy the Tributaries basic S-Vid at around $30 for a metre and their top of the line for around $50 or $60. I wouldn't spend any more.
I would also second the Tributaries cable, I own some of those as well. Great value as well.
I hope you guys are wrong. I just ordered the Monster s-vhs 2000. It will be here Fri. or there abouts. I'll post,with "my" version of the truth. Happy New Year;all.