Differents composite and component?

Hello!

As I am new in surround system, I hope someone can help me.
What is the diffrents between composite and component, are composite one cable and component tree? (at least I know component is the best)please in an easy way, because I am not very technical. I have just bought a Monster m1000v silver cable with RCA ends, and I am wondering if I can use this in my Sony DVD(I want component)behind it is writing Component and under this tree RCA conecters called Y, Cb/b-y and Cr/r-y. Can I use my Monster m1000v and do I have to buy two more or what? Or maybe someone have to bee audio cables and not video?
Thanks
Yanomami
yanomami
Hi, Yanomami: Composite video cables carry all 3 parts of the video signal that are needed for the color display. Component cables, however, have 3 cables that are bundled together, and each cable carries a separate signal. A good component cable will give you a MUCH better color picture than a composite cable.

The Monster M1000 cable that you bought is a Super-VHS cable, and it will give you a better picture than a composite cable, but NOT as good as component cable. If you want the best picture from your DVD player, you will need to buy a component video cable.

There are a number of companies that make component video cables, and any of the better quality brands should work fine. I am using a component video cable made by BetterCables to connect my DVD player to my TV. BetterCables builds a very good product, and their prices are reasonable. You can find out about their cables at this Web site address:

www.bettercables.com
Yanomami, You need the 3 part component input on the video/television also. IF you have both on DVD and Television then yes you can use 3 video RCA cables for the 3-part component signal... or a three part cable specially made for the component signal. I have a Monster silver video three-part component cable I got from an internet dealer. one and a half meters for $160.00. If the cable you now have is for the S-VHS connection. That will work BETTER than a composite cable, but not as good as the component cables.
Thanks SDcampbell!

That was exactly what I needed to know, perfect.
I only wondering why my cable have a RCA connection and not a S-whs connection? Can I putt it in video out, it fits there?
Thanks again!
Yanomami