Cheap A/V Receiver with A/B speaker outs AND phono

Hi,

I'm looking to set up an inexpensive AV system in my screen porch.

I'm hoping to stay in the $300 range. The hardest part is finding a receiver that has 2 features that are important to me:
1) A/B main speaker outputs (to hook up a second set of speakers for outside)
2) A Phono circuit.

I'd like to have at least 80 Watts per channel.

So far, all I've found is the JVC RX-7020VBK for about $250.

I'm surprised to see how unavailable the phono input is. I can live without A/B speaker switching by getting an external speaker switchbox.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Justin
jhaddad5407
The Onkyo receivers with model numbers that begin with "TX-DS" will do what you want (moving magnet phono stage). Some of the "TX-SR" models do not have phono (some do). You will have the check the specs of the TX-SR models individually.

Onkyo are also very nice HT receivers for the money.

Look into Sherwood receivers. (www.spearitsound.com) They
have a R-725 for $279 that might suit your needs. Also,
visit Sherwood's web-site for additional info. Good Luck, Bill.
Yes, talk to the guys at Speritsound (Northampton Audio) if you want something new. They have some refurbished NAD receivers also. They also sell Onkyo. I've known Richard Moulding for over 25 years. Very honest guy.
The trick is how the "B" circuit exists relative to the "A" circuit and the CC/RL/RR speakers. On the $300 or so receivers, the speakers for the "B" circuit are on the same cicuit as the CC/RL/RR and therefore, you can not run both the HT and B speakers at the same time, without the protection circuits kicking in (Ohm's Law). If you are able to download an old users manual for the ONKYO 434, they explain this type of design in much greater detail. The Harman Kardon receivers may be able to accomodate this, as well as the phono stage, for you.