How to combine 2ch int amp with HT

Hi, All.

I am planning to buy integrated amplifier (not decided which one yet) to drive B&W N804 speakers. -- My primary goal is music. But I also want to have Home Theater. So I am also going to buy a/v receiver and more speakers for surround sound.

I do not understand (I am a newbie :-) how can I combine all the pieces into a single system. Will I be able to use N804 as front speakers? How to connect all the sources? And etc.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
konstantin_agon
Thanks!

Do you know if McIntosh MA6500 and Classe CAP-151 have Theater Bypass? I cannot figure it out reading specs on their web sites.

Thanks
No, not personally, but since this has become a new selling point/feature I would think you would come across it in the marketing literature. Then again, some of these companies have abysmal marketing.

One more thing I forgot to mention: If remote operation is important to you, be sure that you can perform the necessary input selection for the theater bypass with a remote. The VACs, for instance, don't have this ability.
So, if I use int amplifier that does not have an Theatre Bypass, it means to inc/dec sound volume I'll have to use volume controls on both int amplifier and a/v receiver?

And, two remote controls?
Konstantin,

Correct, if you use an Integrated amp with no HT bypass/Processor loop, you will need to set the volume of the integrated to the "calibrated" level each time you want to use HT. Not as bad as it sounds. Simply set the volume to a pre-described level before doing the initial calibration of the HT setup. For instance, set the volume to top, dead center or 50%, whatever. Then, when using HT, just set the integrated volume to that position.

Enjoy,

TIC
Thanks Reubent!

It _is_ not that bad. So I am not gonna make a Theater Bypass a critical criteria for choosing int amplifier.

Ragards