Is it possible to shield unshielded speakers?

Hi,

I bought a pair of paradigm Monitor 7's unshielded from a friend (at the time, this wasn't an issue).
Now,I plan to upgrade my tv to a widescreen (16x9). Since my living room is a bit small, I would like to know if it's possible to shield my present speakers or do I have to get a new shielded pair?

Thanks for all your help in this matter.

Litsa123;-)
litsa123
I'd wait until I was sure there is a problem.
If the speakers are screwing with your picture, then follow Ozfly's advice and see if you can replace the drivers with shielded ones.
Lastly, you can buy some sheet copper and try to fashion the shield yourself.
Yes, it would look kind of funny.
I wouldn't take this approach.
Good luck!
Aluminum and copper will not do the job for magnetic interference. You need iron or mu-metal. The former is heavy and hard to work with. The latter is expensive.
Since you're planning to upgrade your TV to a widescreen and you stated that your room is small, why not get a plasma, which is widescreen. It solves your small room issue and magnetic shield problem. In addition, it would be a WOW factor and pics would look great. Ready to refinance? :> )
Simple fix for your situation. Buy what's commonly called "bucking magnets" and you superglue them to the back of the drivers magnet, tweeters too. You glue the "bucking magnet" on in the reverse polarity position, thereby canceling out the magnetic field.