Best speakers for small listening room

I'm new to audio and am setting up a mid-priced system for my home office. The space is small (11'x11'x8'). I currently have B&W 803 Matrix, Sound Anchor stands, Plinius 8150i, Creek CD-43, Harmonic Tech truthlinks and Pro-9s. Would stand mounted speakers (JMLabs micro utopias or the Dynaudio Confidence 3's) be a good choice for this small space? Thanks.
joeldoss
Im not sure I know what a standing wave is either but I know one when I hear one. It's sort of like turning on a light in a room full of mirrors. I can get my little mini-monitors, supposedly down 6db at 60hz, to put out a 10db peak at 60 hz if I put them in the wrong position in a perfectly symmetrical room.

What you want in your room with your electronics, I think, and some might disagree, is a small but warmish speaker. I've never heard of the Dynaudio speaker you mention, but the Contour 1.3 is small and very good. Not really warm though, might be a little bright with the Plinius in your room, unless Ive heard wrong. I would suggest little Spendors, but I dont think they're known for having "tight" bass.

For my home office, I chose to go with very inexpensive speakers, Acoustic Energy Aegis Ones, ample bass but not "tight," nice detail, but a little soft on top. I listen off axis closer to one speaker than the other and found that my cleaner, more revealing, more detailed little mini-monitors were too bright in that situation. Small rooms are tough, especially if you cant listen in the sweet spot.
Ok, I was curious so I did some research. I hadnt heard of the Dynaudio's you mentioned because I dont shop in that price range (on principal, sort of, but I guess if I were filthy rich I might). Properly sited they would probably be fine and a better match for your room than the B&W's.
Joel, having lived in confined space, the advice above is sound (no pun). Recommended for easy set-up: JM labs with careful positioning, strongly recommended -- BBC LS3/5A (used; don't think U get them new nowadays), Audio Physic Step. Not easy to balance the sound from yr B&Ws: IMO U need an unnecessarily big amp.
Regards