Looking to get TT

I seeking getting into a first TT and would like help!
My current system is Classe 25 amp, Classe CP-60 pre, Sonic Frontiers SFD-2 D/A, Sonic Fontiers SFT-1 Transprt
and Martin Logan Ascent. My preamp doesn't have phono so I would need phono preamp to hook into my CP-60 so having explained my set and only wanting to spend no mor than $1000 on TT and phono pre can it be done?
Was thinkng going with music hall MMF-5 andCreek OBH-8 as this would be my first TT set up and total cost would be around $700. Is this going to give me many years of good sound? in the future I can go with phono card for my preamp.
jsawhitlock
No, this will not come close to sustaining you. Try a thread from just yesterday, "Lost sheep, getting back to turntable." Lots of great advice there. If you can go used, VPI Junior with Rega RB300 arm or Audioquest arm. Price is $650.00, alternatives, Rega P3 ($450.00) or Technics SL1200 ($550.00). Would suggest the VPI only because, although there are great upgrades and tweeks for all three, only the VPI will allow you to build it, with a series of small investments, into a VPI HW-19 mk 4, which is on a whole different level than where you will be starting out. All three sound really differnent from one another and if you tell your musical tastes it may be easier to nail it down. I have owned an OBH-8 and would suggest instead the Musical Fidelity X-LP, $135.00 used. Several advantages here. It is much smoother, will accomodate regular moving magnet cartridges and medium output moving coils. Additionally, for another $25.00 or so you can buy the excellent Ault high current power supply which really adds to the definition. So here we stand at $795.00 and the time comes to talk cartridges which is a little like talking shoes; what fits me will not necessarily fit you. New cartriges should only be considered. I like the Audio Technica AT440ml. It is really cheap at under $100.00 with this combo we can pay for the shipping and a few albums. If you get the Rega arm and can spend a few extra bucks, the Denon 103D is under $300.00 and will work with the MF preamp but you would have to go with the OBH-9 if you want a Creek. Many like the Blue Point, at $250.00 a little stretch, and it will work with any of the combos but really too lax for my tastes. The new Shure is a corker, M97he, it is also under $100.00 and will work with any of the combos. It is a tad warmer than the Audio Technica and may well be the best all around compromise while still keeping you within budget. I'd buy the AT though, thrills and spills. Best of luck.
curiously, I have just added phono to my Cd setup.
I found an Audio Research phono (PH1) and got it last week. beautiful! (I couldn't add anything but a separate phono pre pre to my setup) I have borrowed back a Dual 502 I found at a second hand store that I had given to my best friend. All because I had the good fortune to find a big pile of good LPs for a very low price. So I decided it was worth going back to Lps.
I am very happy with the PH1, and plan on either a Rega, or a MMF. The MMf 5 or 7 are pretty good. I spent $432. on the PH1 and it will last (for me) forever. The TT within the $1000. range would be the MMF 5 or a used Rega Planar 3, or P3 with the Rega 300 tonearm. (for me, it depends on the position of the Sun and Moon??? as to which TT I get)
Personally I would go for the MMF7, which is like $850. to $900. new right now, and get a skimpy $100 used phono pre pre. As then you can get the card for your amp in the future, and will have a great TT. A lot of folks are talking about the MMF TT's and the guy who designed them is well know in the audio community. (I was worried it was a here today, gone tomorrow sort of thing, but have been assured that it is a good product.)
Then you WOULd have a TT good for a long time, and when you got your phono card, perfecto!!!
About the part where you ask if you will have a good sounding TT for many years, if you are like most audiophiles, you will be upgrading in about six months to a year anyway. If you have not had a TT before, once you hear analog, you will be looking at higher end rigs. Any of the above mentioned rigs will get your feet wet, and are good quality items. I wouldn't worry too much about overall longevity of the product. I have never seen an audiophile own something long enough to wear it out yet.