I've only used homemade cables.But Im ready for an upgrade

I have a Meridian transport/263 DAC. Linn Majik/LK-85 bi-amping Linn Tukans. (this will all be active someday.)
I have only used homemade interconnects in the Kimber-style braid (sound better than PBJ!). And Ton's of metal braided-style speaker-cable.
I'm ready for an upgrade. As I have always made my cables, I have never tried anything else on the market. I dont even know what price range I should be looking in, in order to beat my diy cables.
I need some advice from some of you who have cable experience! I want something detailed, but very open and airy.
jpo
Cables made by someone else may not sound better than the ones you make yourself. Study the techncial issues further and dream up your own improvements. It can be much more rewarding in every way.

The only reason I would buy cables is if I did not have the time to mess around. In that case I would work with some of the used cable places to audition numerous brands before I purchased. There are many that would be willing to work with you on this.

All this said...your ears and the current level of WAF should be your primary guides.

Tony
Contact Bob Cohen at www.fatwyre.com for guidance regarding cable suggestions within the context of your equipment in use, as well as for demo cables available for rental/tryout at a very reasonable fee which is also applicable to any eventual purchase.