Audience cable opinion, anyone? Au24, Maestro....

Audience cable opinion, anyone? Au24, Maestro or Conductor.... and also the Balanced mode since they are double run design for balanced and the price has a big jump for balanced too! All opinions are appreciated with regards to Audience Cable. Thanks
rapogee
Gofaststang, I noticed very little break-in period. This would coincide with Audience's literature on the speaker cables stating an initial 4 hours (I believe) break-in period followed by a complete break-in period of 50 hours.

Perhaps you are experiencing an amplifier/cable synergy issue as I discussed in my first post.

With my first amp with these cables, a McCormack DNA-2 Limited Anniversary Edition, I noticed a tremendous tighening up of the bass regions, kettle drums sounding uncannily dynamic and real, but overall the bass regions sounded somewhat light. I believe because the lack of time smear and because we are accustomed to hearing that time-smear.

However, within weeks, I installed a McCormack DNA-2 Revision A amplifier, (an almost complete rebuild by Steve McCormack with what are supposed to be some of the best aftermarket parts available) and the bass now provides a full, extremely tight, blooming, bass with a viscerally deep and solid punch like I've never heard before.

In other words, whatever bass I perceived disappeared with the Au24 speaker cables with my first amp, came back and in spades with the second amp.

Also, I was bi-wiring with my previous cables. Once I installed the Au24's, I no longer had the desire to bi-wire.

However, at this moment, I am bi-wiring with the Au24's for the bass, and some very highly rated cables for the mids/highs. (I'm burning in these other cables)

I perceive no advantage at this time with this temporary bi-wire config. But it's the only way for me to continue to listen to the excellent bass of the Au24's, while going thru an extended period of time burning in these other cables.

-IMO
I use Audience Au24 interconnects and speaker cables almost exclusively in my systems. The only exceptions are the use of the Maestro speaker cables in my office system and another brand of interconnect when i need a really flexible cable. To me, there is no need to look elsewhere. The Auddience cables are smooth and articulate. With them, I could really hear a difference and justify the cost. I have not compared the Au24 and Maestro speaker cables, but I would say they are very close. The Maestro is a chunkier cable. I use both unbalanced and balanced interconnects. Yes, the balanced cables cost more, but I wanted AU24 wherever i could get it!
I have tried several mid-priced cables in my EAD/Bohlender Graebener system, Stealth I/C's, StraightWire Serenade and Virtuoso and AudioQuest Clear. The Audience AU24 is clearly the more musical cable but lacks the mid-bass punch I got when biwiring with the StraightWire Virtuoso to the mid-Bass & the AU24 to the treble. When I used the AU24 on the mid-bass and the Virtuoso on the treble the magic was gone. The AU24 is definitely worth the $$.
This is the most musical cable I've heard. More dynamics high and low across the spectrum and musical.As good or better than Valhalla which I previously owned. Guaranteed to put a smile on your face. I love the power cables also.