LAST???? Has anybody tried this?

I am curious to know if anyone has tied this product on vinyl, what were the results, how does it better the sound, why would I use it?
So far I'm happy using my VPI record cleaner. Any thoughts?
thx, jim
abc11692650
What is funny about the last few comments ( including my own ) is the fact that this topic is related to the discussion of Last Record Preservative.

This product is highly volatile. After applying a small amount to the applicator brush, you must act very quickly to apply it to the spinning LP. Even then, it evaporates within one revolution of the disc.

The stylus has no way to come into contact with the Last in a liquid state.

If the poster who brought up the liquid subject was referring (off topic) to Last Stylus preservative, then It makes more sense. Still, I have not had any problems with siphoning effect in all my years of LP playing, and I applied some products many years ago that I shudder to think about now.

I prefer Record Research stylus cleaner LP #9. This and the Record Research LP cleaners are the only products I use other than the Last Record Preservative.
I am not sure a week out if you guys will come back to this but what about mxing and matching these products?I have thought the homebrew as an everyday cleaner was good and the folks at LAST told me it would work well with their Power Cleaner and Preservative.I am cheap and when I found how much Torumat cost I said screw it.But a freind say's that reviews and postings seem to think that Disc Dr. is best as an everyday cleaner,not cheap but worth it if for whatever reason you don't want to use stylus liquid each play.I am with Extreme in that I worry about sloshing and creep.The tip is cemented on after all.But I wonder about mixing and matching different compounds.Lastly has anybody heard of Linn selling a 3M super fine grit sandpaper to accomplish what were after?Makes sense.Whereas liquid on a glued bond may weakn over time the ruggedness of a needle diamond or other hard material should be able to take a few swipes.The stresses of normal play and friction would indicate that.
Dear Chazzbo,

Very good question. The GruvGlide product mentioned above goes on dry. It has no effect on cements used to bond the stylus to the cantilever, nor does it "creep" into the stylus tube. Like several others above, I agree it's a very fine product, easy to use, and you can hear an improvement, although it does vary, record to record. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Hififile
I've heard of the "Linn Wipes" but don't know anybody who has tried them or where to get them (Linn USA didn't even know what they were!). I use Record Research Lab LP#9 and it works very well for cleaning the stylus and I have not encountred any problems with this on any cartridge. This post sparked my curiousity about the LAST Preservative so I bought some but haven't had the chance to try it yet.
When I worked at a Linn dealer, Ivor Tiefenbrun himself was visiting our store, and used a match striker to clean the stylus. When we questioned him about it, he said it was the best way to clean a stylus, as long as you knew it was a well made one, and you know since it was a Linn cartridge, he knew it was a well made one. I used a match striker to clean my Linn Karma stylus for years thereafter, and found great results with no damage, even though the thought of it is a little frightening. If you use a paper matchbook striker, remove the staple first, because the staple can hook the stylus and rip it off or bend the cantilever. Just lightly stroke the stylus forward once or twice on each side on 45 degree angles to remove residue from the contact areas. That's it.