Power cord? Why?

I see a lot of posts regarding power cords. I would like to know what sonic difference they actually make. Could anybody explain this in a simple way?

Thank you
cfmartind362
Now, I hate to be smug here, but with all the discussion that's been going on here with Corona (and really, I wish that much Secret Agent research was being done in, say, petroleum alternatives than audiophile power cords), I think I'm getting much more musical enjoyment working through Keith Jarrett's "My Song" on the piano.

Mind you, an ACOUSTIC piano that doesn't benefit at all from a superconductor power cord.
sean...I don't think that I need such a good power cord now that I am operating on my cold fusion electric generator.
Timwat: You said it, it is about the music. The tech stuff gets a little dry. I will now head back to my sound room for my next concert.

Oh, I thought Corona was a city in SOCAL...
Eldartford: I hope you realize i was just joking. I'd have to hear and see the results of something like what Corona is talking about to even remotely think about spending that kind of money on "wire". Sean
>