Best interconnects 2m for less than 200/pr used

hi-
lex dc-1 pre
krell kav250a
ead pm500
b&w nautilus spkrs

looking for 5 interconnects to run at 2m length each from pre amp (2 to krell, 3 to ead pm). would like to spend <$200/pr for them and am willing to buy used of course. any advice?
bazmataz
Sc53 might be right about the Viper - more on that later. I haven't tried Kimber Hero but I own Kimber Select KS-3035 speaker cables. To me Kimber has always seemed to have excess energy in the attack transient which can make it harsh sounding in some systems. Overall it is a good cable though.

The viper is an inexpensive cable and as such lacks the harmonic coherance of more refined products. The splashy/brightness of this cable as described by Sc53 is mostly harshness as the cable breaks in. Being 100% copper
I hesitate to think the cable is or ever will be "bright" sounding plus given Audioquests "smooth" family sound, brightness should not be an issue.

Also... Do you have an aftermarket Power Cord on your Transport, DVD or CD player yet? If not, I recommend you get one before buying any I/C's. Reason being is that an aftermarket powercord WILL remove all the digital hash that people often refer to as brightness. Once you put the power cord on, your system will transform and allow you to make better judgements as to which interconnect cables best suit you. Try a Shunyata Black Mamba (at the very least) to hear a big difference in your system.

You might think about using some Kimber Hero or less expensive I/C's for the Rear Channels, and then use the extra money to buy better front channel cables.

Bryan
Thanks. The guy is offering 5 Kimber Hero 2m locking RCA interconnects for $450. I'd like some higher quality ICs for the Krell tho. I guess it's tough to find a set for <$200? That's the gist of what I'm reading. I'll keep my eyes open for Cardas Neutral Ref I guess. Can't find AQ Lapis x3 anywhere, but would love three of em. hehe.. thanks again. let me know if u think i should go wtih the kimber heros. thx again. baz
Hi Bazmataz, Check out the thread "Sakura systems OTA cable kit" This wire is very inexpensive and will compete or surpass many of the expensive big boys at a fraction of the price. IMO this stuff is on par or better than the top of the line Nordost, Purist, Kimber, Cardas, FIM, ETC. I didn't believe it myself until I tried it. Good luck and happy listening.
Brulee has a point there. That stuff is pretty darn good. The Kit costs 600 bucks but how much wire do you get in the kit?

bwhite -
hi - i can get 2 pair of audioquest lapis x3 - 2m and 1.5m for $500. sound good? some of the reviews i've been reading favor the cardas neutral reference, and i noticed the lapis x3 are 'discontinued' for what it's worth. should i take the two pair of lapis x3? what do you think guys?
bazmataz