Interconect recommendation

I have a Marantz PM 84D integrated amplifier, a Denon 1650AR CD player, VAndersteen 2Ce speakers, Audioquest midnight+ speaker cables, and Kimber PBJ interconnects. I am looking to upgtrade the interconnects.

Would HT Truthlink or AQ Opal be good choices ? And what is the difference between balanced cables Vs. unbalanced ?

Thanks.
chander
Chander, when you get the Opal's installed in your system, drop me a line. We can make arrangements so that you can send me your PBJ's for "burning". Once they are done, i'll send them back and you can throw them back into the system. I would be curious to see how you like them as compared to the Opals and if you think that they have changed sonic characteristics at all due to "burning". Sean
>
I'm pretty sure you are using unbalanced connectors with your equipment. They are the little round rca ended cables. Balanced cables use xlr connectors which have three prongs, and have a little slider lock on them.

I would buy a couple of cables used and sell off what you don't need. Cables are very system (and personality!) dependent. They do indeed make an enourmous difference. I have found them to be one of the biggest bang for the buck improvements out there.

I do recall from the FOUR vandersteen speakers I have owned that they tended to be less improved by megabuck interconnects than most. This is because they are not hyper-detailed speakers. They also tended to appreciate brighter cables which tended to offset their natural laid back character. I commonly hear people referring to audioquest silver cables, and synergistic research's as goo d matches.

Harmonic Tech's are VERY impressive in the 125 range. They would be a good match for your components because they tend to remove some of the solid state nasties. I would definitely try a set. They might be a little sweet/syrupy for the vandersteens. Another great cable is the Audio research litz which can be had for 125-150. AR's have wonderful midrange and a nice glowy sound. The DH labs cables silver cables are supposed to be very good for the price too. Quite a few people pair audioquest cables with vandersteens too. The $350 (used) AQ diamond is a good cable and would probably be a good match. Very detailed, but little harsh in some systems.

In the 200-250 range, the harmonic tech pro-silway and nordost red dawns are very good and would add detail to your system.

Good luck !
Chander and Sean,

I am kind of curious about the results of the burn-in experiment. If it comes off could you post your results?

Thanks,
Greg
GPalmer, I surely will. Perhaps Sean can also do tests before and after and report. But first, I am curious as to what Sean means by "burning". I have used the PBJ's for a few years now. Wouldn't it already been burned in ?