Best CDR ?

I am looking to purchase a CDR or CDR-RW for recording digital and analog. So far I have found several units out there from Pioneer, Yamaha, Phillips, Denon and Marantz. I am looking for something of quality below the 1K level. I am also considering using this unit as a transport. As of now I am leaning towards the Pioneer PD-R19RW. Any and all Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
bmccormick
Hi BmcCormick; I have a Pioneer PDR-W739 CD-R/RW ($725 list) that I bought from Crutchfield for $600. With 3 CD drawers on the left, and a CD Record drawer on the right, it is very versatile and easy to use, ie you can put together a "program" using the 3CD left side and easily record it to the CD-R right side. It will also record almost any source-- analog or digital. As a dubbing recorder you don't need a second out-board source (for CDs). The recording quality of this machine is excellent. It can be used as a transport also, and I run its output into a good quality DAC (ML360S) so it sounds fine. As a "consumer grade" machine I don't suppose it would sound that great as a transport through its built-in DAC, but I haven't tried it. Anyway, I can highly recommend it for its ease of use, versatility, and recording quality. If I remmber right, the Model 19 you mention is in the more expensive Elite series, and as such is probably better built, and probably has a better built-in DAC. You probably know that these consumer grade machines require the more expensive "Consumer Audio" CD-R or RWs-- I've been paying $40. for a 30 CD-R Pak (Memorex). Of course using computer CD-R technology is another option, as are the more expensive professional CD-Rs that also can use the cheaper computer CD-Rs. The professional models also can bypass the SCMS system. But, on balance, I like the W739. However, if I was going to use it for both record and playback with no outboard DAC, I would want the Elite model for better (expected) playback quality. Happy hunting. Craig
The HHB is a fantastic CDR. It is a professional unit and is a little bit more money than $1K but is worth every penny. If you can stretch it a few hundred more $$$, it is far better than any of the consumer machines you will find on the market.
Thanks for all the input guys, however I don't know that I have heard of HHB either. Anyone want to help me out here?