Can POWER CORDS really make that big a difference?

Can a power cord really make an audible difference in a system? I have heard it does, but I have not spent the money to upgrade yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I was looking at NBS cords. I am relatively new to the hi-end game so I am trying to draw on your knowledge. Thanks for your time.
lockss
Power cords are one of the most overlooked components in the audio industry. They make a vast difference.The biggest improvement in my sound has been my power cords not my Meridian 508.24,Martin-Logan speakers, Bybee power conditioner, etc. Try and research to get the best synergy with your other components.Have fun. Buy used and save alot of money. Electraglide,BMI,Marigo,Tice,Shunyta,Synergistic,and others on this website are going for much less their inflated retail prices.
Try and see, buy where you can return.
Personally, I was surprised they made a difference, yet there it was. More stuff to spend money on.
But first... change your wall outlets.

KP
In my limited experience, I found more of a difference with my amp than my CD player, at least with the power cords I am using. (LAT International AC-2)