cable cooker, do they work?

I need to burn in some interconnects and speaker wire. Will a CD that is advertised work? How about a DIY cable cooker plan. I posted this previously, no real answers,just suggestions that might work. Well,I need to resolve this so your help is desperately needed. I would like to build my own cooker if possible. Thanks in advance.
ramond
Personally, I prefer the cable steamer. I too frequently encountered flabby bass as a result of using a cooker. Regarding your question as to whether they actually work, my experience is that they work best for the true believer.
the mobie works so well on ic's that you'd have to be either deaf or an objectivist jackass not to hear the effect. life is too short to spend even a moment on needless searches for the physical causes of clearly perceptible sonic differences.

-cfb
The AudioDharma and Nordost cookers are serious devices and work. Several cable mfgs. and dealers use them. You need the higher voltage and current to break-in interconnects> This can never be achieved at the system level (microamps). I borrowed the the AudioDharma from my friend and my cables have taken on a different sound (except for Pure Note who does this for free). Much clearer and focused sonics. Well worth looking into.
Or if you're in a hurry then 5 mins in the microwave on high. Please don't try this (or if you do let us know what happened). You could also short a car battery .. that would certainly burn them, and probably you too.
Thanks, Gunbei! Totally non-Voodoo, serious article. We need more of that. Now, if only I could find such an article about line conditioning...