Bel Canto DAC 1 Upgrade

Here is a copy of the email I recieved from Bel Canto inquiring as to new upgrade for those interested: "Yes, upgrades are now available. Return your unit with a note requesting the upgrade, include a return shipping address with a check for $150.00. We will complete the upgrade in a couple of days. Regards, Michael " Guess they have to keep up with that Full Nelson on the MSB. Charlie
danvetc
Will, you must be a saint! I would be mad as all get-out if I thought I would have to do without my dac for another mailout session. My hat is off to you, sir. Charlie
My understanding is that the power suply upgrade will increase the dynamics of the Dac1. For more info and a good deal on a new piece, email Jonathon@GoldmanAudio.Com I spoke to him about it yesterday.
Here is a copy of the email I received from BWS after inquiring about their upgrade, (as per sedond's post,) if anyone is interested: Dear Charles, > > I do have an upgrade for the Dac-1, which includes: > > > > Power supply, diode and capacitor upgrades. > > > > Front end receiver upgrade. > > > > Audio section reconfiguration and filter upgrade. > > > > Custom Digital cable and line cord. > > > > The package costs $700.00 US. > > > > > > Please call me at 703-536-3910, if you are interested and we can > discuss this in detail. > > > > Best Regards, > > > > Bruce Wenger > > BWS Consulting" I am going to "chicken out" on this one. I think I would like to keep my 10 year warranty with Bel Canto. But I think one of you should definitely get this upgrade and let us all know how it goes. [:)] Charlie
I'm with you Charlie. So who is going to volunteer and let us know the results?
Dear Sir, Have you considered the exciting 24/96 P-3A DAC from Perpetual Technologies? Read what happy owners are saying at http://www.audioreview.com/reviews/DAC/product_48011.shtml and more at www.perpetualtechnologies.com. Thanks for your time! - Scott