interconnect suggests under 300 used.

I just spent my allowance on upgrading my system. What is left are cables suggested by the forum. My budget is spent so would like the best cable available for under $300 used (1m pair/xlr)with all mark levinson equipment and electrostatic speakers. I am using monster cables now.I have not received the ML390 yet but the cables i am using are medium grade monster IC with RCA connections. If I can afford a better cable if going with a rca connections should I?
electrostaticman
Hi Sugar, I agree with you in principle. I was using Kimber, Cardas, Harmonic Tech, Analysis Plus all in one system, but recently switched to one brand of cables that have a revealing character. I've achieved a state where my components are passing as pure a signal as I can afford, and I'm now doing tweaks only through swapping different NOS tubes.

However, we must consider Electrostaticman's query and his budget of $300. Do any ML components use tubes? Can $300 accommodate a set of revealing interconnects and a pair of tubes? Yes, definitely make sure it's the interconnect that needs changing first. In the past, I blamed my interconnects for a bright sounding system and replaced one cable at a time because that's all I could afford. That's how I ended up with so many different types. Eventually, I found that to be a losing battle. But if Electrostaticman is pretty well set in all areas except for one interconnect, then maybe a little more information might be helpful.

I also believe that sometimes there is a synergy between certain components and cables. This is very hard to predict, and we never know until we experiment. Even though My Cardas Golden Cross isn't in my system anymore, I've kept it because I'll never know when I might need it again.
Check out a cable called Supra from Jenving technology. Sweden. Just auditioned it. VERY GOOD! especially for the price. Around $150-$ 175 for interconnects. www.jenving.se
See if a dealer near you will let you audition it. Better than many cables we have heard at prices far greater.
Van Den Hul - leans toward warmer sound
Nordost Red Dawn - Neutral and fast
Harmonic Tech - warm side of neutral
Magnan Vi- warm

I like the Harmoic tech and Magnan the best.

cd
I agree Gunbei. I don't know the posters personal taste, so I just try to recommend cables that seem pretty neutral to me. They'll pass through the signal pretty clearly, so they will sound good with whatever his taste is and his equipment is. I always feel colored cables are fine for someone who will probably never upgrade, but neutral cables are better in the long run for those are likely to upgrade at some point.

It works for me. I can try a new piece of gear and can be pretty sure I am hearing close to what it sounds like without something else coloring the sound.