LP storage? What do you use?

I am looking at how I store my lps. I currently store then in several ways.

(1). Shelfs bult into closet, on edge, with book ends to keep straight.

(2).6 milk crates with lps on edge.

Any input? What are others doing out there?

Regards,

Roy
royster
The EXPEDIT looks like a great solution, but is rated for only 29 lbs per 13 inch shelf. Records would weigh far more. I'm afraid to risk it.

Check out the offering at www.GothicCabinetCraft.com. Seems to be the best shelf-type solution I've found.
I'm looking at the Stora-LP/LD system from Davidson-Whitehall. The shelves are angled so that you can easily see the spine. Fairly expensive but solid hardwood is used--think furniture. Their web address is http://www.storadisc.com
Another vote for Per Madsen's modular furniture. Very cleverly designed. Sturdy, attractive and versatile. Particularly great for moving as racks fit perfectly (with a 1" layer of packing peanuts) into standard book boxes. I moved a 2,000+ record collection across the country without a single casualty.
An inexpensive, solid cabinet was found :-)

Returning to vinyl after a couple decade hiatus, I was quite happy to find an inexpensive ($24.99), sturdy, and assembled cabinet perfect for vinyl storage, and thought I would share.

It was purchased from (all places!) JoAnn Fabrics.

It’s made from 5/8 thick unfinished solid pine, 41.5” high x 14” wide. It contains (2) permanent shelves, which create (3) cubes with internal dimensions of 12.5” wide x 12.5” high x 11.25 deep. The sides of the cabinet are routed to accept the shelves, so the entire cabinet is more than sturdy enough for vinyl storage.

The manufacturer’s SKU number is: 05859947. The number on Jo-Ann’s receipt is simply 5859947.

The above price was AFTER using a 40% discount coupon. My wife advises that she signed-up to receive mailings from JoAnn’s website (JoAnn.com) and receives coupons of this type in the mail on an almost weekly basis. Moreover, quite regularly, our local newspapers contain Jo-Ann flyers/coupons offering these 40% coupons.
Cheap, but doesn't sound perfect. The shelves are too shallow. Yeah, you can use it, but it'll look sloppier and provide less dust protection.