Has anyone upgraded power cord connectors?

Interested in hearing from people that have upgraded their power cord connectors. I have a couple of Audioprism ACFX units feeding power to my monoblocks. The connectors are inexpensive hubble and am considering upgrading the connectors. I know connectors like the wattagates are expensive but would the sound improvement to replace both plugs and IEC ends be worth it. All thoughts on this would be appreciated.
128x128dmailer
Hi!

The first choice are the ones with COPPER contacts (hard to find), second choice would be the ones with brass contacts. Avoid any plating.
The connectors must not be expensive as long as the contacts are of the above mentioned materials.

Best regards,
David
David d, I don't know where you find copper AC connectors as the better ones all seem to be Olin 688 brass, an alloy which is about 73-75% copper.....The problem with most of these is that the screws and tines on the neutral side are nickel plated and these cost like the devil to have them remade in the 688 brass, so much that I named my new cord the "688" model....
Hi, Rcrump!

Sorry! I applied more to the IEC connectors. I think that the German firm Phonosophie have the contacts on their cables made from copper(very likely a special order), though. It must be possible to find them (AC connectors with copper contacts) somewhere...
Your'e right the nickel plating is a very bad thing(soundwise). Perhaps you can "get rid" of the nickel plating with abrasive paper or something else?

By the way, can you tell me more about the design of your new PC cord "688" model?
Maybe we should start a new thread about (DIY) PC?

Best regards,
David.
David d, I make my living primarily on TG power cords.....A DIY version of the TG cords would be hard to make as the wire and connectors are either modified significantly or built to my specs....The Belden 19364 recipe I published some time ago will compete with most of the aftermarket cords out there and lends itself to DIY a bit better....Now copper connectors sure would be soft and don't think they would be very useful as they would have very little spring action....They would deform almost immediately.....
Rcrump,

Just found the Belden 19364. It's clear how it's to be done. Tell me: did you, and how, used the drain wire?

Bye!
David.