Noobie Question on speaker cable for my system

I have a HK AVR230 65watt receiver that will run 50 x 5 in a home theater set up. It is rated at 8ohms. My Ohm Micro Walsh speakers are 6ohm 20-150 watt fronts and center. I will be adding the rears in a couple of months.
Not sure if this is relevant but the speakers frequency response is 47-20,000 Hz +/- 3.5 dB for towers; 80-20,000 Hz +/- 3.5 dB for center.
I am considering Audioquest type 2 or 4 or something else in that price range. With the additional strain on the amplifier, is there a minimum wire gauge I should start at for speaker cable? Is it even something I should worry about?
I will be bringing this up with John at Ohm Speakers but wanted to hear this forums opinion.
jer
I suppose it would depend on the length of spk. wire you would need. The AQ Type 2 is 17 guage and the Type 4 is 15 ga., I believe. On a short run the type 2 would most certainly be fine. If you're needing a really long run, I would chose the heavier ga. Type 4 wire. Just bought both the AQ Type 2 & 4 wire and I'm really impressed by both of these wires. (The type 2 I got used for a really great $. The Type 4 I order from Brian @ onecall.com for $2.25 ft.) If this is too much $ to spend, I would look into Tara Labs "Klara" spk. wire which would run about 80 cents a ft. Spend the the extra money and buy either the AQ's/Tara Labs or Kimber Kable's 4 VS would be an idea choice as well. IMHO, bare wire connections sound the best. Bill
Check out what the pro recording engineers often use: Canare StarQuad. Comes in two gauges (14 and 11), and is a ridiculous bargain for HT.
Thanks for the suggestions
Well I'll have a 5ft for the center and under 10ft runs for the front towers. Later on I'll have 20ft runs for the rears. At what length are cable lengths considered long?
I personally think you should be fine w/a 14-16ga. wire. The AQ Type 2 is marginally acceptable, IMO, for your 20' runs. Given the quality of your speakers and the slight increase in cost, the AQ Type 4 or Kimber 4VS would be my personally choice. (Not familiar w/the Canare wire, but if it's afforable, you could give it a try.) Be sure to add a little extra length of wire just to be safe and buy bare wire to some $. There was an ad here on A-goN for some bare wire AQ Type 4 (Blue). If I recall correctly it was for 28'. 11'(R)/11'(L)/6'(C)= 28'. $42 Check it out.