Interconnect under $200 new or used.....

Okay...I understand everyone has a favorite interconnect in this budget range...so let me have it...I am leaning towards kimber Hero due to rave reviews and convenience(my dealer has it)...anything else surpass it before I take the plunge? Olso...looking for a very nuetral cable with good bottom end...
128x128phasecorrect
btw,i would try to stick to well known brands till you train your ear in hearing the differnces between cables.

lesser known cables are fine with a money back guarantee, however trying the "main" players first would allow you to sell them quickly if you dont like them.

plus you can compare the lesser known cables without risk and hear for yourself againest a known refernce.

the smaller less known companies are fine if you find a synergestic cable and want to hold onto it, otherwise good luck in try trying to sell it.

hope that helps,

mike
Discovery, right here on Gon.
I have tried many, Stealth, Kimber, Alpha Core.
I have sold them all and run Dicovery only. A wonderfull copper interconnect. $80 a meter with high quality termination. I would not buy anything else again.
Canare StarQuad microphone cable. Shockingly good. The pro recording engineers all use it. I ran 30' sections from my Earthworks omnis on my Steinway though a Grace class A pre to an Alesis, and then into my Nordost SPM'd system. The old left/right brain halves did the old whirling dervish congnitive diss-dance, but what the hell...sounds GREAT (if I practce enough).
I compaired the Zu Oxyfule to the Hero & it was more natural & detailed in my tests on my system. They retail for @ $100 / metered pair. Check out the Zu Gede, they are $200 per pair, but Zu has been running specals on ebay.
I've always thought Straightwire had some of the best cables at that price point.