Technics A10 DVD digital output options

Can anyone who used this player with and outboard DAC comment on it performance with DVD-A? Looking to get one to mate with my Levinson 360S DAC. Two entirely different classes of equipment, I know, but a Stereophile reviewer used one when DVD-A was new. He may still. I just don't want to go out and buy a player for such a limited format( so far anyway). I have a great transort for CD and SACD so I'm not really concerned with those formats with regard to this player. Thanks.
sjh32
Just today, my Parasound transport is placed on the disabled list due to a minor crack on its ac socket/iec bay. Until I get that replaced, I will be without a transport.

Actually, I do have a DVDA10, but I won't be placing it in my stereo system. I have done it before, and, each time, the DVDA10 leaves my system with a chilly/steely feel which lasts for days even after removing it from the system.

So far, I've used the DVDA10 in my system 3 times, and each time yielded the same result.

This might be an isolated incidence tho.
Viggen, I've not used my A-10 much for redbook at all. I had a redbook player at the time I bought the A-10..I did however play around with it enough to form an opinion as to which settings do bring out it's best in my system as a two channel redbook player. It has a feature called Re-master, this must be OFF or it will sound steely. It also sounds best if you use it's L/R outputs from the 5.1 analog group of outputs-set center & rear to no. These outputs will play the higher bit-rate DAD disc at full res also. It's been a couple of years but I think this is how I recall it, YMMV.

Dave
Hey Dave,

You remember correctly regarding the re-master function and using the multi-channel outputs. Actually, the cold steely sound isn't much of a sound but a feel. And it endures in my systems for days even after the DVDA10 has been removed from the system. I suspect it is a PSU problem. I've played with the re-master, which is a memory buffer, on and off, and it does sound better with the re-master off like you said. So, I used to play with the re-master off.
Viggen,

You say this "steely" sound of the A10 lasts for days after it's removed from the system. I don't understand. You refer to a PSU problem. What's that?
Sjh,

You know, I just know what I hear.feel. There is a cold steel feel in my system whenever the A10 is connected to it. I don't know why. I just surmise it can be the power suppy of the A10. However, I gave in lastnite and hooked the A10 up. And, there isn't as much of that steel feel anymore. Maybe it is cause I got it hooked up to an AudioMagic Stealth via a powercable with ferrite on it.

On a side note, Parasound's service department isn't too good. All I want is a replacement IEC socket for my Parasound CD player. They can't even get that straigthen out in less than two days. The "Timmy" guy has an anemic defensive attitude too (this means he sounds sleepy while being defensive about the quality of his work). I hope he gets some sleep over the weekend.