Copper vs. Silver interconnects

We are running two systems from one CD player. We have a SET (tube, obviously) amp, a hybrid (tube outstage) amp, and the CD player also has a tube. I love my Verastarr silver reference interconnects, but it's always fun to try out different cables.

I have listened to a variety of copper cables (Kimber, DH Labs, Analysis Plus, Harmonic Technology, etc.), and I find them to lack the clarity and lively authority of the silver cables in these particular systems.

My question is this: do I stick with the silver cables (or gold, palladium, beryllium, etc.), or are their some copper interconnects that would really be worth trying? I'm asking for your collective expertise/experience on this one, as I don't want to continue going through the process of buying and selling cables that are only going to sound veiled and/or dull in comparison to the Verastarr's.

Thank you for the input.
128x128boa2
Verastarr , put me on the list. I have not heard any of your cables before. Right now I use AZ. But I am about to start down the long and winding road of cables.
When I first heard the Verastarr cables, I thought they were a little bright, perhaps slightly edgy. But copper was my reference, so the silver cables were at first like driving a rental car compared to my own. However, I didn't want to take the Verastarr's out because I was hearing more of the music, and the performers felt closer. Also, they were new, and really took some time to break in. But they did break in, and I replaced my amp tubes with NOS, and I'll have to be surprised to find something better.
I'm still happy to try some others--and will--but the Verastarr's are one stellar product.
Hey There Howard,
We have a prototype ready to send you... It is made using single crystal, ultra high purity, solid core copper. I have it teamed up with some WBT Topline RCA's.
Email me @ mp@verastarr.com with your address and phone#, and I'll send them. They are not broken in yet.
Next test for you should be the Signature Silver.... I think we may have topped out the Silver Reference with this offering.
Creege, if you are interested in trying our cables, we would be happy to put you on the "Verastarr USA tour". Contact me at the above email address.

Cheers to all !!
The competition is getting fierce! I've been listening to a pair of the Z-squared Au/Au cables for the past week. They were thin and bright at first, but now that they are opening up (40 hours or more), I have to say that they are extraordinary cables. They have the accuracy and detail of silver, with more body to the notes, and less edge to them. They are not overly smooth or warm. Rather, they are ultra engaging, and I have to stop every few words while I'm typing because the music is grabbing my attention.

I look forward to trying out the new Verastarr cables, Mike. It has been difficult to find a cable that tops the Silver Reference in my system. I've sent you my address.
All the best,
Howard