Choosing cables for Passive applications?

I am wondering if anyone has some good experience with passive amp/pre combinations and what cables have worked well.
Personally I am using a Cardas Nuetral Ref.(RCA term) between my CD and Amp (amp has attenuators on back for volume). I have read that the lower capacitance cables work well as they alter the signal less, but many manuf. do not specify the ratings.
Also I noticed that the Nordost cables have MUCH lower capacitance than the Cardas. Would this make them a lot better in my application than the Cardas, at least theoretically?
It's difficult to swap cables around a lot so I'm looking for some pros on the GON!
Thanks
alun
I run 2 sets (one 1/2m, one 1m) of Luminous Audio Sychestra Reference ic's between cdp > Reference Line and between Reference Line > amp.

Before this I was running 2 sets of Reference Line's own DSL cabling which was very good and made specifically for my application. The Luminous Audio blew them away. You will see them occasionally on AG.

good luck
tm
Capacitance is not the only issue that "alters the signal" ... personally, with a passive pre I would be more interested in cables that had low resistance and low impedance.
I think a better cable (in your system) is a better cable rather than a cable having lower capacitance etc. being better. Maybe I just don't understand or care much about the technical aspects of cables and what makes one cable better than the other. I can tell you that the Nordost cables have such a different sonic signature as the Cardas that you're comparing something that is quite different.

With passive, the biggest thing you have to worry about is the quality of the passive pre and the length of the cables (especially the length of the cable connecting your amps to the preamp). Maybe capacitance, low resistance, and low impedance all play a role, but I would still say trust your ears.