Pioneer Elite DV-09 as a Transport...

Just got this item at a low, low price in excellant shape and condition. A beautiful piece of engineering IMHO but bought it for cd playback only. Redbook is very good for a unit several years old but wanted to know if this 35 pound beast would make a fantastic transport? As solid as this player is can't believe that it wouldn't! Any comments would be appreciated.
Thank you,
John
analog1
I have one too- for DVD's only though. It's not that great as a transport, HOWEVER, it got MUCH better when I fed the digital out from the DV-09 into a GW Labs DSP digital converter (reduces jitter; boosts signal); the GW Labs to Dac- there was NO comparison, it was a substantial improvement in my system. If you plan on keeping it as a transport, search out a GW Labs DSP; or a Monarchy DIP to complete the picture (keep in mind you'll need an extra digital cable).
I used my DV-05 as a transport for awhile. Fortunately, it's one of those things where you won't know its limitations unless you compare it to something else. If you add the jitter reducer, you will probably notice an improvement. If you switch to a better CDP as transport or a dedicated transport, you will probably notice an improvement. If you hook it up with a good DAC, cable, vibration isolation, etc. and don't compare it to anything, it will probably sound pretty great (you will certainly notice an improvement compared to its internal DAC).

Ignorance is bliss in this case.
I'm curious about this, because I remember someone saying that the Pioneer DVD units would be superior transports, better than the PD-65, which I use and think is great. But here the opinion seems to be that they are so-so.