Virtual Dynamics - David vs Nite II vs Master

I tried the David series - digital connect, XLR IC's, SC's and PC on my CDP. I liked them but decided to get the Nite II instead - more $ must be better? I still like the Nite II's more than some previous brands I tried, just not sure if I like them more than the David's - however, it was a few months between the David and the Nite II (using Transparent Ultra XL's) so I am going by memory. I'm considering the Master series. Has anyone compared the 3 levels in the same set-up within a reasonable time frame? I read that Master is a big jump from Nite, but not sure if they meant Nite or Nite II. Thanks for all any feedback. Jim
128x128jim63
I'm the Master buddy here.
I agree the balanced Audience was the best value digital I ever heard.
In my system the digital balanced Master had more jump factor (strong micro-macro dynamics) incredible clarity and focus, smooth and naturally warm all at the same time !
Yeah I'm impressed, I better be, for the price, but you'll forget about that once you hear them.
Another buddy of mine has his whole system done up with the new Revelations, talk about musical !
Hang on Bigkidz, I'll get yer cable out as soon as I can.
Thanks for the feedback. I've had the nite II XLR IC's back in for a week now. The sonics have improved the past couple days. This pair was straight from the factory vs. my previous pairs (David and Nite) were broken in before I used them. My impression now is that the Nite II's are an improvement on the David, but not as significant as the Davids were from my previous brand. I suppose the sound from one brand to another is more apparent than a level jump within the same brand.

Cable auditioning is quite challenging - it's hard to isolate an IC SC or PC individually. e.g. you may like SC #1 better than #2, but change the PC's, then SC #1 and #2 may not be so different, or the margin could really jump.

Sounds like everyone who tries the master series seems to like them. I guess my next step is try them myself.
Has anyone compared the VD Master to the Marigo Labs or Purist Audio stuff? If so, how did it compare?