What's under YOUR CD player?

Will I really improve the sound from my Ikemi CD player by putting something under it, other than the walnut shelf it sits on inside my antique hutch stereo cabinet?

Will upgrading the power cord to a PS minilab cable help also?

Or, should I just play the music?

(it's fun though, isn't it!)
jbatlanta
Symposium Roller Bearings on top of a Purist Audio Isolation shelf.

I agree with Tsrart about replacing the power cord on the Sony 9000. I got a big improvement swapping mine too.
Putting Tara Labs Vanishing Points under my Linn Genki made a HUGE difference. Three points, one in front & two in back (ala YBA) made everything wider, deeper and less glary. No joke, I took them out after a few months to see if I was imaginaing things and the soundstage just collapsed. AC cords on the other hand changed the sound but just made it different, not better. Most people suggest sticking to the Linn AC cable and I would have to agree. Since your Ikemi is the same chassis I would be shocked if some good iso points (BDR does not go well with Linn IMHO) like the Tara Labs would have similar improvements.
Audio Aero Capitol Mark 2 comes with BDR cones,underneath is a bright star air mass 2 underneath this is a bright star big rock setting on concrete floor.
my "digital stack" top-to-bottom:
CDP
Nordost Pulsar Points - titanium option
Zoethecus Z-Slab shelf
Vibrapods
(all this is atop the rack's shelf)

JPS Digital AC power cord

Your own situation dictates what will work best for you - the same tweaks in another rig will have some effects, but they will be different & not necessarily optimum. The only way to find out what works best for you & with your sonic preferences is to experiment. Try lots of different things & then sell what you don't keep. Use the aforementioned suggestions only as guidelines. Cones alone come in numerous variations, & they are all different sounding - aluminum, brass, titanium, steel, carbon fiber, ceramic, polycrystal, wood, (you-name-it).
If you spell your coffee laughing while reading this I'm not responsable. First there is 1" bubblewrap[from advice here on AG]. Thanks again. On top of the Bubblewrap is a maple butcher block. On top of the block are three Smitty Balls[ my version of the DIYumas] The cd player floates nicely on this[leveled] with a sand bag setting on the top cover...It took a bit of trial and error listening and changing until I liked what I heard. After all, all the above methods obviously work for their owners. You have to decide which "effect" furthers your enjoyment of your cds. Happy New Year everyone.