Esoteric DV-50: Tweaks, Up-sample settings, etc.

Hello All;
I would like to hear from DV-50 owners out there who have fine tuned their units with various powercords, isolation devices or stands, EMF/RFI tweeks, cables etc. Have you found an Up-sample setting that seems to work well, most of the time, with all discs? I have found that some older discs do not benifit from up-sampling. Are you using the single-ended or balanced outs?
I am currently using the XLR outs with HMS balanced cable, but the gain is super high.
What is the consensus on the ground wire hook-up?
Are most of you using it, and if so are you grounding to the pre-amp, amp or to the screw on the receptacle cover plate?
Leave the unit powered up all the time? Shut down occasionally?
I really appreciate, in advance, all of your input regrding these subjects.
Thanks; Tim
128x128soundlogic
I also have found the DV-50 to be an excellent value, considering everything it does. As to interconnects, I started with Cardas Golden Reference, but found the upper mids too bright. I have had the best results with Nirvana SX Ltd. balanced cables. The JPS digital AC adds more detail without edge, and the DV50 is supported well on the Signal Guard II isolation platform. However, I do not use cones under the signal guard. It is a remarkable player, truthful, but not fatiguing.
Am curious as to suggestions for RCA interconnect suggestions for the following gear: Musical Fidelity Trivista 300 integrated amp, Audioquest Everest speaker cables, and Thiel 7.2 speakers. Am currently using Cardas Golden Reference with the slight upper mid brightness. Am using Rick Kern analog moddified DV-50; however, never had a chance to hear it prior to mods so can't compare. Thanks for any suggestions.
I used to own the Esoteric DV-50 and I tried many isolation devices, from pucks & cones (including titanium) to platforms, and the best solution thus far has been the Gingko Cloud 10 platform that provides vertical and horizontal isolation. If interested, you can go to Gingkoaudio.com
Career........ have you heard or read about Argent Audio's "Pursang" cables. They have superb tonal balance, detail, bass control, and clarity. The Pursang is a silver cable, and contrary to myth, this silver cable is very smooth and dynamic, without the upper glare or brightness.
Thanks Hawaiikid. By any chance would you know how the Pursang compares with Purist Audio Dominus or Transparent Reference XL or other high end interconnects aside from the Nordost comparisons made with the Pursang? Thanks.