Are You Happy With 2 Channel SACD?

Fellow Audio Lovers,
For those of you who own SACD equipment "specifically, two channel" machines do you wish you had purchased a multichannel unit instead.? I am looking at purchasing possibly a Marantz SA12... however I have recieved comments from "friends" that, I should buy a multi channel unit because they say 2 channel SACD "is just plain blah... and I shouldn't bother with it unless I go the multi route.... any thoughts?
wmwman
Thanks Again !!
jdaniel.. If $$$$ were no object would you go multi.. The extra cables, speakers etc....?
I think I would just buy an Eastern European Orchestra. Seriously: Sure, but my main priority was taming harshness, (SACD does that for me at least); surround is fun--it may even be better--but I've reached the "I like what I've got" plateau. (How does that old saying go about finding the right lover? You know there's always going to be younger, newer, better, out there, but it just doesn't matter anymore?) I found the whole upgrade thing fun but kind of nerve-racking. I'm really ready to pop open the wine and just do some LISTENING again. I hasten to add--I'm not an audiophile, having sampled a small slice of the equipment out there. My humble advice is to make a list of what your priorities are and go from there.
I believe some of you missed my point. I was not suggesting that multi-channel SACD's do not have a 2 channel DSD layer. I was saying that the record companies are so fixated on surround that they no longer issue SACD's derived from the many great 2 channel masters. I think the forthcoming RCA and Mercury living stereo and living presence SACD releases will be the first SACD's derived from 2 channel masters to become available in some time. Let's hope for more!
yes and #$$^&**@# yes.

it is a very good 'Revealing' format and better when recorded well even in the 2 channel mode.

i use a marantz sa-8260 and i like it alot... you use to have to spend big $$$$$$$ to get this level of sound quality.

the drawback to the format is lack of software.

mike

mike