CDP at $1200- 2000 for this system

I have B&W N802's being fed by Sunfire Signature II and currently use a stock Denon 2900 with Krell HTS7.1 as my processor for 2-channel and HT.

I'm interested in significantly upgrading my 2-channel redbook playback, and don't have an interest in modding the Denon. Any thought on players in this price range that would be a big step up in terms of redbook playback?

I listen to a wide variety of music, from classic rock to jazz. I'm looking for what we all are, big soundstage, great detail, and solid bass. A tad warm is good for my listening tastes, but I'd like to keep as much detail as possible.

The more info you can share about sonic signatures of players or your experiences the better. I'd like to use any feedback I get here to form my auditioning list. Thanks!
arthursmuck
Also add to the list,

Audio Aero Prima
Jolida 100A w/underwood level 2 modification ($1800)

I admittedly have not heard the AA Prima, but have traded good feedback from warrenh and boa2 on here, check out the threads. A new one can be had at the upper end of your range. I have listened to the Jolida and it definetely has a much improved redbook playback as compared to the 2900 (which I have, and I am also adding a dedicated redbook player to my system as well, good choice I hope.) The underwood Jolida has a very open soundstage, good detail, overall, very very good. The Exemplar 2900 mod is also very good but I think it is close to $3K now.
NORTH STAR DESIGN is going for 2500$ for transport plus 2500
for decoder.His budget is 1200-2000.I wanted to buy that combo myself ,especially the top loader transport (Philips CD-PRO 2)but it exceeds my budget also.It is a great combo though.
George
Keep your 2900 and have it modded by either Alex Paychev, Dan Wright, or John Tucker...IMHO, and those of many others, these players will BLOW away all suggested player withe ease.
I'd compare Ayre, Gamut, or SimAudio Nova, which I liked best.
I remember side-by-side comparison between Nova and Primare, well... Primare should have been priced at least two times less.