Great detail, refinement, mid-price office system?

I am looking to improve resolution, detail, tone in an average sized-office 14 X 14 X 10 feet where only classical, mostly chamber music will be played at low to moderate volumes. Current system is Proac Response 1s, Onix integrated amp OA21s, 50 WPC. Jolida JD100A Stage 1 mod (Underwood) and where restrictions of space for components is 12" depth.
Current system is OK, but would like more detail and transparency, particularly for chamber music and also piano and female vocals.
Suggestions for improvement, please, where budget limit is $2K per component, used.
springbok10
>>09-29-04: Elevick
What tubes are your using?<<

Stock tubes in the Jolida Stage 1 mod (Underwood)
Only Walker SST.
The probable weakest link - because it is the oldest design - is the int amp - 1993. I am tempted by the North Star 192 system however, but would I then have to get a new int amp to optimize the features of the 192 DAC/Transport?
That will exceed budget, though, to replace both.
How does your current system sound at higher volumes?

I think the place I would look next is to pick up some resolution from isolation solutions. We (Audio Asylum Inmates) are about to get a group purchase put together of Barry Diament's Hip Joint roller bearings. I think these would help considerably. You might want to consider some Machina Dynamica isolation base products as well. These are a really effective way to increase resolution. They might not work for you aesthetically or due to vertical space constraints. The roller bearings combined with the platforms yield even more incredible results than either alone. Perhaps some Neuance platforms would be more practical, but I would see what the roller bearings accomplish first.

My guess is that in the end you will probably need to purchase some high efficiency speakers to get to where you desire. There are some good inexpensive options out there.

Given the performance of your home system I know how difficult it is to settle for less. BTW, these isolation suggestions will do wonders for your home system as well.
Thanks, Wellfed. All great suggestions. Which high efficiency speakers do you hace in mind for less than $2K used?