Do many CD players also have digital inputs?

I've heard of a few--e.g., the Denon DCD3000. Does anyone have a recommendation of a good one for around $600? I am trying to find a one box solution that will play CDs and handle a digital input from a computer (toslink). I'd like to avoid buying a transport and a DAC (with more than one imput).
tim_dev
Tim,

The Zen Select can be a great amp with the right speakers, but I would caution you to make sure you have selected a speaker that is high efficiency and has a low nominal impedence. Actually, the Zen Select prefers to see a 2 ohm load at its output. There are not many highly efficient speakers that are also low impedence.

A friend of mine actually produces speakers designed to work with the Zen. They are called Parker Audio. Dave Dutill is a huge Zen fan and his speakers are used by many Zen owners. You can see his stuff at www.parkeraudio.net .

I tried a Zen Select with my (easy to drive) Reference 3A MM DeCapos and they actually "puked" at moderate volume.

I've spent a bit of time with a Zen Select driving a pair of speakers built by Dave Dutill and it was VERY good!

Enjoy,

TIC
Thanks again for the great responses.

Michael: I'll look for the Tercet. As for just buying a separate transport and DAC, I guess that may be the way to go. I just thought I might be able to save some space (and interconnects when using the CD player) and perhaps some money by purchasing only one unit. I take your point that the cost may wind up being about the same, and flexibility may be gained by buying separate units.

TIC: Thanks very much for the advice regarding the Zen. I'll look for the Parker audio speakers and consider this issue carefully.

Buddha: Thanks also for the recommendation. The Stello looks fantastic, but at approx. $2000, definitely out of my price range.

Thanks all.