Wadia 27ix Clock Synch w/ Transport-good thing?

I'm thinking I'd like a Wadia 270 Transport. I understand it can synch it's clock with the Wadia 27ix. Is the clock synch a big plus? It certainly limits the Transport/DAC pairings. Could it be that there's that much advantage to clock-synchronizations or can you run just about any DAC with the 270 Transport?
wm2001
Hello Wadia fans and critics,

This is not a response or reply concerning this thread's specific topic; but it seems to be the thread with latsest post referencing Wadia, so I will post my good news here.

Delivered yesterday - my new 861se! The magic is back in my system - Thank You Wadia!

Jim
Good news Jim I hope that you try different power cords including Virtual Dynamics Master or the new Revealation to really hear your Wadia for the first time! I have heard four At&t cables one from Wadia stock (closed in and dynamicless) as well as Aural Symphonics. The entry level cord easily beat the stock wadia, the next cord was the fisrt version of the Optimism v1 which was the benchmark for the longest time.The detail that flowed from that cable is astounding but it was bested slightly by the new optimism V2 which has a better soundstage as well as a more refined top end in extension and detail.If you have the 270 and 27 then you really need to hear what these cables are capable of doing in your system ( a friend has a optimism v1 for sale for 350.00). I hope you get the chance to hear them for yourself, Take care Dennis
I believe the Optimism v1 is no longer being made and has been replaced by the Optimism v2. The v1 is orange while the v2 is lime green. If you're using ATT glass with your Wadias these are the way to go. You should also consider the Aural Symphonics ioGel. I have always been curious about other interconnects between my Wadias though. I'm going to audition the Marigo Apparition 5.7 balanced soon. BTW: Aural Symphonics has a direct trade-in deal on the Optimism, v1 + $500 = v2. If I find something better I'll use the v2 for clocklink.
One more thing on this subject. I know Wadia prefers and recommends glass interconnects for their product but that doesn't mean there's nothing sonically better out there. I keep experimenting.
Hi Dennis and Rja,

I just received an 861se. The 27ix ver. 3 270se combo - which I really enjoyed - was the last one in a parade of many I had while waiting for the 861.

I now use VD Nite II all around. I used a VD David XLR digital cable with the combo, which turned me on to Virtual Dynamics.

Back to the music. Jim