Amplifier for Martin Logan Requests

I currently own a pair of Martin Logan Requests with An Audble Illusions pre-amp. I have auditioned the Calyton Audio M70 monoblocks and they sound good. The only problem is when I play them at high volumes they lose control. I have heard about Bat VK 200 & 500 , Sim Audio W-5 and several tube amps as better alternatives. I would appreciate any comments from ML owners and those who are familiar with these speakers. Thanks
hiflyer
Best sounding amps with "ANY" Martin Logans I heard were the Threshold SA/1's that I heard at a dealer a few years back. Just incredible, I couldn't afford them then, I wish I had a pair.
I sell Sound Labs, which are less efficient and a more difficult load than the ReQuests. The Wolcott Audio Presence amps are superb with the Sound Labs, especially the latest version with the ultra wide bandwidth output transformer. I would bet the Wolcotts would match up very well with the ReQuests. They are pretty much the tube amp of choice for difficult loads.
Logans really love tubes. Your Requests will really open up with any good tube amp. The Wolcott's would be a good choice as would be ARC VT100/200's, Sonic Frontiers Power 3, Mesa Baron and older amps like VAC PA160's. There are some real deals out there on new Wolcott's and Power 3's (like half of retail). Used VT100 MkII's seem to have dropped significantly in price lately (maybe something to do the the new MkIII). I'm using a Baron on my CLS's and it is a great match. Every tube amp that I auditioned was superior to the ss amps I tried with the CLS's. I would suspect similar results with your hybrids. You really owe it to yourself to audtion some tubes -- you won't regret it.
Jim, I've read a couple of your rave reviews on tube amps and, unfortunately, I'm new to the scene(not to mention close to any tube retailers for auditions) Are the amps you are suggesting affordable (i.e. less than $2k) or would I be better off trying a tube pre first thereby keeping the SS power?