Subwoofer Controls? Dual Volume Setting

I currently own a B&W ASW1000 subwoofer and use it in my home theater as well as for two channel music. The trouble I'm having is that I believe there should be different settings for HT vs. 2 channel music.

For example a perfect subwoofer setting for the Matrix would produce horrible results when listening to most music.

I know the B&W ASW4000 has separate LFE inputs and L/R Line Level inputs governed by separate volume controls for each.
Unfortunately, B&W does not provide this option on ANY of is's other subwoofers.

Does anyone have a fix for this? Is there a subwoofer control device of sorts which has separate inputs and would provide separate volume controls for LFE and L/R?
bwhite
The fix is buy a "REL" Subwoofer which does exactly what you want. They have separate cable connections; one (loss pass) that goes to your HT receiver/preamp; the other (high pass) connects to your speaker terminals on your audio amplifier. Each connection has a separate volume control, so you can set up HT and Audio separately and forget it. See them at http://www.rel.net ---- If you care more about music, check out the Stratus III or Storm III, Etc. If you care more about HT, then check out the "Q" models (Q100E, Q201E, etc). Both model lines do a great job with both HT & Audio, just one line more in tune with Audio(ST Models), the other HT (Q's). Happy listening.
It's LOW pass, not loss. (bad typist and proof reader). The "ST" Rel models for audio first are all in the name. STratus, STorm, STadium, STentor, STudio.
Hey Sugarbrie, I listened to REL's and felt they didn't go deep enough for home theater. Subsonics are VERY important in HT. I'm not sure which models I listened to but I know one was dual 10's and they didn't have anything larger. Interestingly enough, these REL's didn't have separate volume controls for LFE and L/R. Perhaps they were of an older model? I can say one thing about the REL's.. They looked nicer than the B&W's.
The REL Q100E has a "Slam" and "Depth" Adjustment for Theater applications. The other models do not. REL is first and foremost an audiophile company according to the designer Richard E. Lord (R.E.L.), so if you tried the ST models, and you obviously care about HT, then your comment is shared by others. HiFi Choice Magazine liked the STratus III, but said it could have been deeper. (The STorm III was their favorite all around Sub). The higher end ST models do go very deep, but not Slamming. The Q100E lists for $999.00