I need advice on Lowthers

I am a dedicated tube-a-phile, low powered SET amps (Wavelength Cardinals). I have been considering a pair of Lowthers for a while but am leary of spending the money without hearing them first (no local dealers). I would hate to buy a pair, break them in and then hate them.

I currently have a pair of Reference 3a Royal Master Controls/ REL Strata III that are wonderful speakers. Can anyone with experience with the Lowthers please lend some advice on sound quality/character etc. Would this be a move down, lateral, or just different?

Thanks,
Will
docgab
If you've got enough power to drive a rel sub then here's what i have in mind. Check out the "kits" on various web pages. I have a low power (40 watt Jadis) and am designing a Seas W22 + Seas W12CY + Philips RT8P. I considered going single source (midbass + tweet fq's) but these 3 drivers will offer much more dynamics that a single source. I've heard that the Lowthers are good. The quality in these drivers are spectatular, "superior". There are other superior drivers avaliable. Ravens ESg Skaaning
Lamhorns with AER drivers powered by Tenor 8 watt OTLs and AudioAero CDP produced one of the best sounds on the last year Stereophile show. It's around 6k with these drivers.
They don't have a lot of dealers but if there are sombody with Lamhorns in your area they may arrange home audition for you.
www.rlacoustique.com
I have wavelength Napoleon's driving lamhorns with REP drivers. The rep's do not have the Lowther peak. I am sensitive to bright so to me the Lowther peak is annoying. The Lamhorn is just an excellent cabinet with Lowthers. The best I have heard. I use a pair of audio physic Luna subs which blend in very well. I tried Rel and for whatever reason they do not work. Front end is Vecteur transport with Audio Note DAC sig 4. Audio Note M3 pre. If you value music and emotion this is one of the best systems I have ever heard.
Thanks for the input. I think, in the not to distant future, I will have to try the Lowthers or Lamhorns.
You owe it to yourself to give them a listen. The newest Lowthers have been redesigned to tame the midrange peak. For details go to

http://www.lowther-america.com

I have an MBL sub that blends very well with Lowthers in a Lamhorn cabinet. I would suppose there are others.