Talon Khorus x or B&W 802

whats best,talon khorus x or b&w 802,for jeff rowland 10 thanks
alesantin
Hello...First, I must state a disclaimer that I am a Talon dealer and may be biased. With that out of the way, this is an unfair comparison (the X to the 802). A better one would be between the Khorus X and the Nautilus 800 Signature. The X and 800 are VERY different loudspeakers and most likely each would appeal to a different audiophile "crowd". The X has the fastest transients of ANY loudspeaker I have ever heard (from the lowest to the highest note). Driver integration and coherence of the X is the closest to the "holy grail" full-range single driver available. The X truly portrays the image as if it is coming from a single point source. Also, you will not need a nuclear power station to get the most out of the X, as it is much more amplifier friendly than the 800. The X is a VERY emotionally involving and musical transducer with a presentation that can literally bring you to tears at times. Bass response of the X is INCREDIBLE, both bottomless and FAST (customers ask me to turn off my Roc subs, which are of course not on). Imaging is to the point where my customers ask me to please turn off the center channel speaker, which is not on (demo room is theater and two channel). As you can probably conclude, I like the Khorus X very much. It comes the closest of all transducers I have heard to the ideal loudspeaker.

The B&W 800 is a fine loudspeaker but can be VERY clinical and is not near as "musical" as the Khorus X (this is the VERY reason that many recording studios like to use B&W). The 800 also has a very forward and "tipped-up" presentation and it is important that it is paired with the "right" upstream components. The Rowland 10 would not be my choice simply due to power issues. Keep in mind that none of these characteristics are necessarily "bad" things, just dpends on the way in which you like your music presented. Also, amazingly enough, I have found the bass response of the 800 to be seriously lacking when compared to the X (disappointing for a supposed "full-range" loudspeaker).

This is of course not near a detailed enough comparison that either of these fine speakers deserve. But it is a start and I hope you find it helpful. Finally, these are all MY OPINIONS, your mileage may vary.

Regards...Mike - Father & Son Audio
The Khorus X is a world class speaker. I was very surprised when I heard it. I think it's up there with some of the best I've heard anywhere at any price. It also has the advantage of being fairly efficient.

See the reviews at
www.soundstage.com
and
www.stereotimes.com
FS_audio - what would the minimum room size be to realize the benefits of the Khorus X speakers?