Sound Anchor Stands...worth the money?

Just put Nautilus 802's in front and 804's for rears. Would these stands make enough sonic difference to warrant the investment?
arthursmuck
I have used both standard B&W 803 SA stands, and custom made SA stands for my Alon V's, in both cases a great product; adds mass and focus across entire frequency spectrum, and protects the bottom of your speakers from vacuums, etc. Great people to work with, especially on the custom stands.
If your stands have coupling points on the bottom, it really doesn't matter what they couple to, as long as it's mother earth. They'll go right through your carpet into the concrete. Don't have coupling points? Get 'em. peace, warren
I too can attest to the folks at Sound Anchor I bought a new couch for my dedicated theater room leaving my surrounds below the level of the back of the couch, after extensive research into wall mounts "argghh" I fortunately stumbled apon sound anchor called them up and with their help designed the exact stands that I wanted. They arrived in a timely fashion with a build quality that I had only dreamed of securely packaged and easy to assemble at 90 lbs a stand and 50 lbs of sand each they did the job perfectly. I never thought much of the sonics of my Thiel scs-3's until the sat on top of these stands now I understand the merits of surround sound audio previously I just did not get it but now I see. Sound anchors highly recommended
Islandflyfisher, raising speakers off heavy carpet or rugs will improve the sound. I was under the same impressiong which is why it was years before I actually raised my speakers off the carpet. I never even bothered to use spikes as I figured my speakers were so heavy that there was no need. Boy was I wrong.
Slappy, I paid 300.00 for the center channel stand. The stand that I have is adjustable for height and angle and has rubber pads.My center channel is heavy at 50lbs so I need a sturdy stand. The other reasonable price stands were wood and fixed height or cheap sheet metal and not so sturdy. I still thought 300.00 was a bit much until I recieved the stand. Then, I was extremely happy. My amp stand was 275.00 and just as well built. My wife is very cool and actually bought the center channel speaker for me but is not "into audio". I've tried to keep her input where I can so that she feels "part of the process". She really doesn't care much but just likes the sound. However, one of her rare comments was, "that's nice stuff." She was refering to the Sound Anchors stuff.