Metal speakers. How are they?

I notice that aluminum and magnesium cones have become very common, including in some high quality systems. What's the story on these things? I am considering purchase of a speaker that has Seas 7-inch magnesium woofers, in MTM configuration.

These speakers will replace Dynaudio Gemini MTM speakers whose little 5" woofers are great, but just won't keep up with my three MG1.6 + SW front speakers. I have contemplated rear subwoofers, but there just is not space. The Dynaudios were used for many years as the high end of a biamped system, and they were fine for that purpose.
eldartford
There are many great Metal Drivers out there.The problems with ringing have been addressed and the set I use now have no such artifacts.I heard of one designer that stated he could tell what the driver material was just by the sound.

I thought I use to until I received a new set of Metal Drivers for my NEARs which have eliminated the Metal artifact.

Wilsons are Metal ,atleast the Inverted Domes are and I use an Inverted Dome also. They need to be implemented right which is key to everthing in audio I think.

www.nearsota.com
I like the sound of metal cones - look at all the musical instruments made from metal. Since we are trying to recreate alive music, make sense to me to use the same material.

We need the sound of wood (paper cones), and metal to cover all the sounds of live music.

They satisfy certain audio needs we have - but after awhile, I miss the sound of a paper cone, so i go back and forth - with a few sets of speakers.
Sorry Eldartford, I missed yr question. I meant the frequency where cone break-up occurs. That doesn't seem an issue in your case as you can easily play the seas in its optimum range, crossing to the tweet above that.
Mr Linkwitz's site is, indeed, a mine of info. OTOH, if you're interested in a passive dipole implementation using a seas magnesium mid, check out the Point75.

That site has is a mine of information for diy -- probably the best quick-reference site around.
Cheers