Efficient Bookshelfs on a budget?

I have just bought a panny 42" plasma and need some speakers to go with it. The problem is that I just spent 4k on the TV and don�t want to YET spend big $ on the complete audio system. The panny has a 7.5watt output and I would love to just run some bookshelf speakers directly off of that. The volume in the room will be very moderate but the room is pretty big and opens into another room so if there are any moderate or high efficiency speakers that anybody can suggest with a good sound please help me out.

Thanks
Eric Baer
iamcrazy111
Eric:

Have you given any thought to pro-audio products, specifically self-powered speakers? Usually, for a real modest price, you will get speakers that are shielded and sound pretty decent. These speakers have many applications ... portable stereo system (paired with a CD walkman); PC based system; portable PA system (paired with a mic or instrument). These will never become throw-aways, as there is always some kind of use for them.

Fostex and JBL make some nice systems in the $250 or so range. One in particular by Fostex can be had for $229 at B&H Photo. B&H is a very reputable dealer with very good prices and they offer quite a few of these systems.

Good luck, Rich
And I'll chime in with the Athena Technologies, with sensitivity ratings of 91 db to 94 db, depending on size. I used to run them from the 8-watt Wave 8s, and they just screamed. Quite revealing though, so I can't vouch for the ultimate effect with your television as a source. For a review/description, go to http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/athena_asb1.htm.
I like the name "Iamcrazy", most people are, the difference is they do not know it.
As for speaker, I like the 303.
Sound Dynamics 300ti. No longer manufactured, will have to find it used. A great performer!