Most forgiving speakers?

I have a bad room and I love classic rock that was transferred to cd badly. Which speakers do you recommend besides Vandersteen. Room is nine wide twentyfour long and 8.6 high.
dred
will a fellow audiophool, please, explain to me exactly what "forgiving speakers" means. It sounds, to me, like a euphamism, for speakers that just can't cut the mustard, and reveal what fine speakers are meant to. Albert's list, obiously, has some killer speakers. What's the" forgiving" deal? thanks in advance. peace, warren
Of the 20 or so different speaker I've owned, the only ones that I truely enjoyed for old, poorly mastered Classic Rock CD's were the Swan's Diva 5.1 and the Fried A-6. My system is pretty revealing and poorly mastered rock CD's sound, well, poor! But, that's OK with me because most of the music I listen to sounds great on it. But, I do remember thinking that if I listened mostly to older rock CDs, I would be really happy with both of the speakers I listed above.

Enjoy,

TIC
get an affordable tube amp - maybe a refurbished vintage scott or fisher - nothing sounds really awful through tubes!