NHT 3.3 or von Scheikert VR4

Any thoughts on the comparison to the NHT 3.3 or Von Schweikert VR4's. Considering both but wanted some real life comparisions. Need big full range sound. Thanks!
jeffga
Timo - you can't be serious....or else you have not seen a pair of 3.3's up close and personal. They are anything but 'cheesy' IMHO. I have no experience with the rest of their line to speculate as to whether you may be referring to NHT's in general and not specifically to the 3.3. Would you elaborate on that one?

Marco
Jax2: NHT 3.3 are unstable and tippy (too narrow of a footprint). They are braced by metal feet which, IMO are not well-integrated into the design. They don't have the refinement of sound like the VR4. NHT are adequate for Home Theatre, but not a high quality, 2 channel audio system.
Absolutely agree on the awkward and narrow footprint, but that's where my agreement ends as far as the construction of the speakers go. Sound pretty spectacular in my friend's system, and I'm not even an SS fan. Never heard the VR4's though (as I said). Maybe I ought to!

Marco
The thing that does it for me is that the VR4SE uses the new dual concentric tweeter. It is the one of the few dome tweeters I can tolerate.

The NHT uses a metal dome; drove me nuts after a few minutes.