Von Schweikert VR4-Jr: Urgent Opinions Needed

Hi All,

I would like to get any comments/opinions on this speaker. I am very interested in purchasing it. It is purely for stereo use, no home theater. Mix of music, ranging from new age (Adiemus, Vangelis), some light classical, light rock (Cranberries), and especially female vocals (Norah, Diana Krall, Katie Melua) etc. I am limited in terms of what is available to me here but I can get a set of these at a very good price. My other option is the Usher Audio CP-6381. What would you guys suggest?

Thanks,
X
xenithon
I see the thread is close to being hijacked :) so before that happens just wanted to check quickly if anyone has some final opinions on the VR4-Jr vs. Usher 6381.

Thanks,
X
Xenithon,

Contact Shane at hometheaterdoc.com. He handles both speakers and is familiar with their sonic characteristics. Tell him Neal recommended that you contact him for advice. You won't have to worry about him being biased since he sells them. He will give you a drop dead honest opinion. And, if you do by chance buy from him, he will give you a drop dead good buy.
Thanks very much for the positive responses to my post, and Xentithon, thank you very much for your patience, and apologies again for diverting your thread.

Rbischoff, I had to postpone my purchase last year so I've stopped auditioning and havn't gotten anything new yet. The speakers that I liked best last year were the Vienna Acoustics Beethovens, for the reasons I explained above. They're rarely discussed, and seem to have next to no press, so go figure.
I only had one short, but impressive session with them, so I'll be doing more extensive listening just before I'm ready to buy. And before I do pull the trigger, I plan to listen to several new speakers that have become available this year, the Vr4jr being one of them.

I'll probably be posting here again down the road to see what kind of experiences people may have had with whatever my final two candidates turn out to be. Hopefully someone like me won't come along and hijack the thread!
I owned the VSA VR2 for one year, and I now have the 4jr's. They are the most musical, comprehensive and enjoyable speakers I have ever owned. Email me if you want more specific comments. Sorry, I cannot compare them with the Usher's