Hiff Eff. Full Range Fostex Driver question

I am intrigued by the recent buzz on the Cain & Cain and Omega speakers. I talked at length with Louis @ Omega yesterday and am thinking about the Grande 6s. Has anybody replaced much larger and expensive speakers with something like this? Of course I will be buying a sub to augment the bass in my small room because I do like to listen to rock/metal very loud sometimes. Will the Omegas pull this off, or is this just wishful thinking? Current speakers are Montana SP2s which I absolutely love. But I am curious about the attributes of a full range, xoverless design. Am I a candidate, or should I just shut up and be ignorant and happy?

Oz
128x128ozzy62
No, the Omegas can do it. they can play loud. You'll just need a sub to augment the lower octaves in SPL. (they'll lose some bass response as the SPLs rise.) I heard Louis demo his Omegas with Consonnance tube gear (or was it DIY HiFi?) at the MAF 2003 show. They sounded great, except the bass was lacking. But again, bring a sub.

I played "Sandblasted Skin" off of the live Pantera CD. how's that for heavy metal torture? I found out Louis was a fan of Pantera as well.

I really thought the Omegas and the Cain & Cain Abbys (Venus HiFi room) were the treat of the show at MAF 2003. I really didn't like most of the horn demos. Disclaimer: I'm used to planars.
I built some Fostex BR 206E's. I know these aren't the optimal enclosure, but they sound mighty fine. The Fostex line is great, though they don't excel at metal/rock. In fact, I'd say these are worst with this genre and significantly better with others.

These drivers are peaky from about 1 - 4 khz which is where the guitars live. It gets grating unless you have some (hopefully minimal) circuit correction. Even then, these drivers aren't made for that.

Check out the Zu Druids. I own them. 101 db at 8 ohms. They play everything. Loud, whisper, girl with guitar, Metallica, club/dance music. They kick booty at classical too. Plus, my 6 watt amp is a titan with them.

The XOverless thing is the wave of the future. No big amp/speaker combo I've heard can touch single-drivers in transient/vocals. With the Druids, the thunder aspect you'd expect with big amp/speakers is there too.

How they can bridge the gap so seamlessly astounds me every time I turn them on. It is a paradigm shift in the making and this is not the last time you'll hear this.

FWIW my last speaks were Gallo Ref. 3's and these utterly kick the tar out of them in every way. On 6 watts. Incredible.
I don't know anything about these speakers, help me a bit. This full range (that needs a sub?) speaker uses multiple drivers? There is no crossover? WHAT THE PIG?