Meadowlark Shearwater vertical orientation.

A couple of nights ago I was listening to Joni Mitchell's "Court and Spark" and stood up in the middle of a song. The image focus and clarity seemed much better standing. It started me thinking about the vertical angle of the baffles when I decided to check how level the speakers were. I put a level against the back of the speakers and was surprised to note how far tilted back they were, especially the left speaker.
I got out a pair of wrenches and leveled the speakers. The difference in the sound while seated in the listening chair is amazing. I've listened to "Court and Spark" three times now just to ensure it wasn't my imagination. The soundstage is wider, the image is focused, the sound is more alive. Didn't realize what I was missing.
If you are listening to these wonderful speakers and haven't checked their tilt, put a level against the back to make sure they're straight. It's worth checking.
timrhu

Tobias' sytem is VERY musical, I'd follow his advice. We're overdue for a listening session eh Toby?

It's all about the music, Jeff
I've been weighing my options on room treatment and hope to get to work on it shortly. Currently I'm in the middle of expanding my patio deck. Right after the deck is finished unless my wife comes up with another project.
Tim-

Just an FYI, a couple of hundred bucks on the Eighth Nerve room pack goes a long, long way. Worked wonders in my room, and highly recommended. I was stunned by how much the overall sound was improved. Good luck on your journey.
Hi Jeff ! Nice new moniker. Thanks for the good words.

I like these public invitations. With any luck there'll be a few dozen over at your place swallowing your excellent beer and grooving.

Oh... unless you meant at MY place?

We're rebuilding after a fire (!), but when the new ballroom is ready we'll put it on the city tour guide :o) I need you to consult first; any time after the end of June is good.

All welcome... !

Timrhu, your system looks very well-thought-out. It looks as though you have gotten the max out of every buck. I'd love to hear it. The Roksan amps are very well esteemed and I know both your cable choices to be excellent value.
Tim, greetings, been a while since we conversed...
We all need projects, eh?

Regarding room tuning, I'm now endeavoring to create my own sound panels. Just picked up 10 Owens Corning 2'x4' panels of 700 series insulation. They're firm 1 to 4" thick fiberglass sheets. Perfect for diy sound panels. Cover 'em with fabric, and wala - sound panel!
I think I'm going to build frames for them to make them look real pretty...

Eventually I'll have pictures on my virtual system.

Re: tilt of speakers. I wondered about the Shearwaters with their backward slant. Seems to me it puts you off axis intentionally, as if that's advantageous. I don't get it. I'd even give them a bit forward lean and see what happens.