Amp with best bass control

Which solid state amp(s) have you heard demonstrate the best bass control? I'm not talking "go the lowest", I'm talking "tight tight - super tight grip on the bass". I'm talking "fast" as well. The proverbial Kung-Fu Grip!

Thanks all!

Mike
mbovaird
Audiolabyrinth
Hi Joeinid, I have heard many good things about you and your equipment, I am Keith, aka, Audiolabyrinth,, I just read your post, mike has spoke fondly of you, well, It appears you must of had the Dan D Agistino stereo amp?, if so, how much different did the stereo amp sound than the mono amps?, cheers.

Thank you Keith. I appreciate the kind words.

I had the stereo amp and have not compared the mono Dagostino amps to the stereo version. It becomes more of a want than a need. I love the Dagostino amp on the right speakers. Not everything works. The preamp was a little quirky but sounded superb in hindsight.
@ Joeinid, hi, I am not sure if the Dan d agistino mono amps sound alot better?, Dan simply split the power on a mono amp to give a customer a stereo amp!, we all know, on the most part, A mono amp useally sounds better than stereo, I was currious to know if you heard the difference, and what was the difference with the sound?, I would be happy if you was to report back to me some impresseions if you were able to audition the mono amps, since you lived with the stereo amp, you could give an excellent valid answer here., cheers.
My best solid state amp(s) is jeff roland's model 6 monoblocks which I still own and drive a pair of usher rw729 monitors with outstanding control and proper timbre; one could not ask for more.
I used these on dunlavy scIII's with fantastic results and could not have asked for anything better;I have not heard a better solid state amp in a while but I am sure by now with current technology there maybe other contenders.
@ Rleff, Hi, yes, your Rolands are indeed good amps, congrats!, usa made!, Rolands and krell and passlabs have been around a long time, great american audio!