Passive Preamp Recommendations?

I'm looking for a passive preamp to experiment with.

I currently have a McIntosh C2200 which I love but heard a Placette passive at RMAF a few years ago paired with a
Mc 252 power amp which I have and the sound was mesmerizing.

I'd like something used but used Placettes are hard to find.
I'm considering a local design - Fletcher-Harris Dimuendo -for $600. which is reasonable but would like suggestions on other possibilities.
jgiacalo
Jgiacalo: You are right, a passive volume control will give you the best transparency and dynamics if your setup is right, your 252 poweramp only needs 1.6v for full output and most sources give out over 2v, so this is a great match, as you can see there is no need for extra active preamplification.

Your source will determine if it can drive the combined load of a passive and the 10kohm input impedance of your 252, if you tell me what your source are brand and model I will let you know if all is good for you to go ahead.

Don't listen too knee jerk sceptics who dismiss passives without looking to see if your system is compatible for one, because if it is you will never go back to active preamplification again.

Cheers George
I think the luminous audio axiom II is a nice product..especially with the upgraded Caddock resistor..when ordering they will ask you questions about your source, speakers, and amp so they can fine tune it to your setup.. not a huge investment either..even if you go with their Walker mod package
The Promethius TVCs are very good. I owned the Ref 4 and still have the top of the line statement, although its been bumped out of the system by the superb Coincident statement line stage.
The Promethius TVCs are a lot of bang for the buck.