Not impressed

Just getting sick of the Hi Fi Merry Go Around...getting ready to throw in throw in the towel. Price to performance ratio is not all that rewarding. Sucks not being able to Audition before I buy....find a a nice amp.......good luck finding a preamp to match......on and on
djverne
We have no basic disagreement. What perhaps I haven't made clear is that the "unhappiness" referred to in the joke is usually not expressed in an overt way; it's much more subtle than that and mostly kept to themselves.
Just ordered a pair of of Fritz Rev SE 5"s, there not on his website yet but he has been talking to me about them for almost half a year...so I bit...I'm very excited. Just put my Focus 110s up for sale, wonderful speaker but this new pair should be a big step up.
It's mind blowing to me the cost of some gear. I have about 5k wrapped up in my system and to me it sounds fantastic. I can't fathom the idea of paying more for an amplifier than I did my house. I once went to a guys house to buy some cables. While there I was treated to a listening session of Roger Waters Amused to Death. The system was Joseph Audio Pearls fed by SimAudios best offerings connected by cables that probably cost more than my Harley. 80k is what he told me. Was it better than my low-brow budget rig? Yeah..it was. Was there a $75,000.00 difference...not to me. Hell, yesterday I spent most of the day jamming to a Marantz 2226 and a pair of Bic America speakers in my garage singing a long and playing air guitar to classic rock and not thinking twice about imaging, timbre or the "sweet spot". Just straight jamming..lol
DJVERNE,How did you like the Fritz Rev 5 SE speakers?I'm considering buying a pair .... your comments appreciated!
djverne.......get the amp and preamp from the same company.....chances are they'll work well together.